Graduation at last
I'm all done at Cal State Fullerton. I finished my bachelor's in psychology. The excitement of finishing hit me after Spring break but went away after I realized that I still had to finish the semester. It feels good to be done with part of my education. I'm the first in my family to get this far in school so we made a big deal out of it ... well, we just attended the graduation ceremony. My dad flew out from Pennsylvania and my older brother, who now lives across the street from us, came. My other siblings we going to come on the free standby flights because of my mom's fancy new job as a flight attendant for Delta's Japan flights. Thanks to some overlooked fine print that wasn't possible.
The ceremony was about as good as graduation ceremonies get I guess. The commencement ceremony was conducted by a professor that has been teaching at the university so long you could smell the impending retirement 50 yards away. Apparently retirement smells like Jazzy scooter oil. Seriously, that was the longest, quietest, center-of-attention scooter ride ever!
It's good to be done with it. Next stop: ... summer courses and grad school applications. Oh yeah, and Missouri.
Hooray for graduating--so exciting! (And hooray for updating your blog...)
ReplyDeleteGood job, Kirk!
ReplyDelete